Finish Along - 2017 Q1 - Closing List

So I said that I was going to try to have some finishes this quarter.  I wrote myself a list. Want to see how I did...


Originally I said that this quarter I would finish:
P 1 - Community trees
Totally got this done!! A quality Sew Day and a little help from my friends, meant this was been passed on to a long armer and my job was done. Another amazing Guild-mate took on the binding, and it was part of my Guild's display in the March Craft Live event in Brisbane. While it's not all my work, the answer is that it is a completely finished quilt at the end of the quarter.

Want to see the epicness :-D


It has officially been christened the Arboretum Quilt. Quilting by Nerida at Quilt Around the Clock and binding by Sandra.

P 2 - Secret Squirrel  
And I did it!! It's secret so I couldn't show you at the time, but I totally did! I've handed it on to a friend to quilt, so the pretty photos will come out soon (hopefully :-) ).

P 3 - Gigi's quilt 
Smashed this out!  Which was a total win because of how long I'd procrastinated it. Then whipped on the binding and have even gifted it to the little munchkin. Call this a solid completion.



4 - Trish's Hexies (
piecing top then decide on hand quilting or long arm)
Worked on this slowly and steadily over the first month. Even took it away with me. However, I didn't actually get it finished... I have 3 seams left to go, but I couldn't bring it to Europe with me, so it's at home waiting for me.  I might end up added another column and widening it, but currently the big question is how to quilt it.

P 5 - Big Pineapple
FINISHED!! I didn't do a proper blog post, because all I needed to do was bind it, but that is done now (pinky swear!!). I did put it on insta... Not that you can see it, but it's there :-) And I even gifted it. Not sure that it made sense to Jess, but it made sense to me, so I’m still happy with this.

6 - Pink Bubbles
... yeah. no. I didn't even really attempt this. I looked at it a couple of times, but went with other projects instead.

7 - Orange Blossoms
...No... No, no, no. I had all the orange pieces cut and ready but then when I started to turn them into blossoms I hated how much work they were and abandoned it... It's sitting waiting for me at home, and I'll think about how to actually make it the easy peezy quilt I had planned it to be in my mind.

8 - Blue patches
This was a throw on, just in case the mood stuck me, and it turns out it didn't! 


Plus I wanted to stay up to date with:
1 - the Penny Sampler
yeah. again with the no.  I was behind on month 1 while I waited for my fabric to arrive, and then was on the cruise, and didn't have time to squeeze out the blocks for month 2 before we left, and then month 3 came out after we'd left...  And now I'm going to be away for 6 month, so there is no way I'll catch up, but the new plan is just to do as much as i can when i get home, and hope that I can smash it out over a couple of weekends and maybe catch up before the year is finished... Unlikely, but I still have hope :-) 

P 2 - #SnailDay
So I totally kept up. Not gonna lie. I’m pretty impressed with myself. Although I haven't been sharing them on Insta because it feels weird to be doing that when I am not actually working on it... So while I am up to date, I don't really feel like I am. Again, this is now on ice, until we return from Ireland, as I didn't bring any of it with me.


P3 - Swoon-a-long
Huzzah!! This was a serious long shot. I had zero expectations of actually doing this!! And I did it!! I actually did it!! I'm so completely and absolutely stoked, you would not believe it!! I didn't post it before I left, because it was a bit hectic and last minute-y but I promise, promise, promise, this was totally a FAL win.



So all in all, not a bad run.  From the #2017FALQ1quinnyquilts
I managed to complete 4 out of 8 (plus kept up with 2 of my long term projects!) This is a total win for me and I'm very happy with myself at this point :-) I was planning to go for it in Q2 and try to turn this into a run of finishes - (would be great to end 2017 with a smaller WIP pile then when I started) but now I have no WIP's with me, so I'm a free bird for the next little while :-)

E xx

Comments

  1. I'd say "not a bad run" is an understatement! Congratulations on so many wonderful finishes. Your list was ambitious and you managed to chip away so well at it. Rolling the rest over to Q2 is a thought. On behalf of the 2017 FAL hosts, thanks for linking up and sharing your work! Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at you! Hooray for so many awesome finishes!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm still working out how to make email reply's work, but I promise I read every one and will reply by email or on the blog.
E xx