Exciting Feb/March for me!

Well, I did it again, and just disappeared from the blog (only for a couple of weeks this time, so no apologies) but I swear I had good reason.  If you follow me on insta, you'll already know all the good stuff currently happening, so this is probably less exciting for you, but this is also for my records, so sorry! you'll get the long form version of what's happening anyway :-)

Well in early Feb, I went off on holidays with my hubby and his family. We spent two weeks cruising from Brisbane to Papua New Guinea, which was gorgeous and confronting (the difference between just how much we have and the poverty was very sobering) and really great time with my bonus family.  Perhaps a little too much quality time, as we were pretty much stuck on a boat with no one but each other, but definitely was a worthwhile trip.


(And yes, I did make everyone wear a Hawaiian shirt for dinner one night. They all think I'm insane, but they love me so they did it, and it adds a bit of fun, so worthwhile investment I think)

And then when we got home for the cruise, we had just four days at home before we hoped on a plane and...


... started a whole new adventure!

Ashley and I have headed off to the other side of the world!!!!!

So far we've had 3 days in Singapore, and then 2 1/2 weeks in Amsterdam, and we arrived in our final destination, Dublin, just 3 days ago.

Singapore


Amsterdam
Ireland
We're in the process of trying to find an apartment here, and have our fingers crossed that something will come through today or tomorrow, so we can get ourselves settled.  The plan is to be here for about 6 months, so we're wanting a little home and community and all that.

And in typical Ashley style, we don't have a home yet, but he's already purchased a stereo system and has it set up in our hotel room. Boys, hey ;-)

The big draw back for me in coming over, is that I have left all my sewing at home, other than 1 little EPP project. And while I have been working on it (no photos yet, as it's in no fit state, given it's being bundled in and out of it's container every 2 days, and there's no time to try to lay it out all pretty) I am not sure how I'll go without any machine sewing for such a long time.

We are currently looking into buying a machine and then selling it at the end of the 6 months, which could be a reasonable expense, and Ashley's on board, except he doesn't realise that once I get a machine, I'll also need thread, and fabric, and a cutting mat, and, and, and... it just adds up. I would even need to buy a desk and chair!! My quick $150 machine, has become bigger than Ben Hur.  With that in mind, if anyone has any tips for local shops, that might do sew days, or let me mess about with their machines, please, please let me know!!

I'd best sign off for now.  I'll show you my EPP in the coming days, and let you know how the machine decision pans out :-)

E xx

Comments