|Don't judge me - You're sewing room isn't any neater!|
So I have broken down my projects into what state they are in. Here we go!
- Sewing Machine Cover - front binding done, back binding is less done
- Sewing Machine Mat - to be quilted and bound (but I'm including it in this section because I should be able to finish it at the same time as the sewing machine cover.
- Pre-made Panels - I bought these cute little pre-quilted panels and all they need is binding. And yet, they are still sitting in a corner of my sewing room and have been for months. All I need to do is cut some binding for them!! This will take no time at all!! And yet they sit...
- Giant Swoon - so I may not have told you this yet, but guess what I finished... I'm only showing you a hint, not the whole shebang. You'll have to wait for a proper post for this one!
- Lashings of Positivity (Yellow strips) - OMG this one has been folded up in a box and languished for a year!
- Improv Owls - Another long term top that needs to get backed and finished
- Mia's Quilt - I finished this top and then fell out of love. I showed it to a friend and she agreed the pink edges don't work (they don't look terrible in the photo but in person it's just not working). But we came up with a solution! I am going to flip those edges over and make it a smaller quilt. So the top will actually just be the cute scrappy a part and the back will be pink with the name. I like this plan much better and am now a little bit more excited to get to work on this.
Pieced backing in progress
- Carpenter's Wheel - I love this and am about 3/4 through making a fantabulous backing for it.
- Hand stitched Medallion - I still need to add the embroidery, but I also need a few more rows added on. I have all the material - most of it is even cut and ready to go, I just have to add it.
- Improv - I have been doing bits and pieces of this as the mood strikes. I'd say it's about half done.
- Skill Builder BOM - I haven't even posted about this yet! I joined this in January and am about 1/4 of the way through (so significantly behind) I love it, but as the blocks got more challenging (and as my life got more chaotic) it dropped of the must do list. I do want to finish it though, so it's a high enough priority that I haven't packed it out of sight yet :-)
- Jacob's Quilt- I started this one over a year ago, but didn't know what to do next. I was going to chop it up and use the pieces in a bit more of a funky way, but the baby's mum liked the simple stripes. So, not knowing how to bring this up to size or what I wanted it to look like anymore, it has been tucked out of sight and semi-forgotten. Seeing as I started it while the baby was in-utero and he is now 1 and a half, I should probably get on this.
- Red & Black Log Cabin - Once I finished my first ever quilt I started this one. I went to two classes and then packed this up in a bag. It's been sitting under my sewing table ever since. I don't even know if I like it, but I have the material for a Queen size, so I will attempt to do this. At some point. It's probably not ever going to be my first priority though. Unless I give it to my Mum for Christmas...
- Mini Charms- I only started this the other night, because I couldn't resist their cuteness. It's a low priority, but simple sewing, so it'll probably get done before any of the hard ones. :-)
- Spring Bricks- I bought this quilt kit one day because I felt like Spring. That means it was at least 10 months ago. I started chopping, but didn't get any further...
- Donkey - I have had this half made donkey sitting on the desk for a year. That's ridiculous. I am getting this little man done and out of my house!!
Material bought but not yet cut
- Christmas Quilt for me - I bought all of this fabric last year, so I'd have something to snuggle up under. Yeah. I haven't touched it. Considering Christmas is less than 10 weeks away, I really should get on this or give it up until next year.
- Santa Sack - Last year I made one for my husband, my sister and my brother-in-law, but ran out of time to make mine :-( I am determined that this year I will have a fabulous patchwork Santa bag for all my presents to go into. I am going to use the same fabrics as my quilt.
- Pink and Yellow Owls - I bought this super cute stuck the other day and am going to make a plus quilt! I think it'll be a great way to showcase the prints. I think it might end up being for one of my gorgeous nieces.. depending on when I get it finished.
- Pink, Purple and Yellow - Here is another bundle I bought at least 18 months ago and haven't done anything with. I haven't come up with a pattern yet.
- Grinch Quilt - I know I already have a planned project for a Christmas quilt, but I want this one too!!! I really enjoy the story of the Grinch, so I think it will be awesome to have a Quilt that tells a story.
- Cat in the Hat quilt x 3- Speaking of quilts that tell a story (and can you half tell I used to work with small children) I bought some Cat in the Hat fabric AGES ago. I got three big panels and now I need to do something with them. I think each one will be different, but I don't know what they'll look like yet. I am trying to stop myself from being too linear with them. I don't want them to be super structured, but that means I have to think outside of my boundaries.
- Deck table runner - Our back deck is a gorgeous rich wood. On it sits a fabulous wooden table and wooden chairs. This is a lot of wood in one place. About two years ago I bought material to make a table runner. I have added to the pile of greens I have and there is now a stock pile sitting in a shelf just asking me to turn it into a table runner. I want it to feel quite organic (it is supposed to make it feel like the trees are coming into the deck a little) and I haven't worked out how best to do this. I'd like to get this done before summer is over.
Projects I have signed up to do and haven't started yet
- Phil's Quilt- I have a plan. Thanks to Erin @ Missy Mac Creations I have a pattern. I do not have fabric. I am waiting for the pattern to arrive so i know my yardage requirements.
- Penny Patch - Yes, I have signed up for another quilt-a-long. Hence why i am writing this list, in an attempt to get everything done so I can get on it! I of course, also want to buy more fabric so mine can be in pretty blues and oranges and low volume :-)
- Arkansas Traveller - I got a big bundle of fabric in the mail the other day and I am ready to start chopping! ... Once I make a practise block :-)
So all up we have 31 WIPs. OMG!!! No wonder my sewing room is overflowing. And I haven't included the 2 bee projects I have to get finished as a priority.
So my mission this weekend is to attack these WIPs and reclaim some of my space. I reckon we can knock off at least the sewing machine mat/cover and the pieced back. And maybe cut up that binding... Then I might make a start on one of my Christmas projects - I have incentive to get it finished, so it could be a winner! Of course it is partially considered to be starting a new project...