Princesses love pink

I have just given away a quilt for the first time. It was a bit of a strange feeling. I have to admit that a big part of me just wanted to keep it!  I originally made it for a friend's new little baby, with the intention that it would be her first birthday present, but got halfway through and realised the colours were too enthusiastic for this family.  Luckily, our next door neighbour has a little baby girl who just turned one and it suits them perfectly!

So here is my pink princess quilt.  It has yummy pink minki fabric on the back which is so more-ish. Everytime you touch it, you just want to wrap yourself up and never move.




It is simply made in straight chains, but by alternating full squares of polka dots and quarter squares of block colours I think you end up with a really nice effect.

It's bound with white satin ribbon, so it should be a feast for little GiGi's senses.

Comments